You are here

Where Can I Get A Loan on my Manufactured Home?

Adam R.'s picture

Posted July 19, 2007

Credit Unions are a great place to start. Here is a short list of a few places that provide loans.

Opportunities Credit Union in Burlington, Vermont offers fixed rate loans. They are willing to make loans on homes in land-lease communities. Contact Dawn Moskowitz.
USA Federal Credit Union will make purchase and refinance loans for homes on land. Contact Cheryl Sisk.

San Antonio Federal Credit Union provides mortgages on new and used singlewides, doublewides, and modular homes. They will also refinance. They lend for homes with and without land. Rates start at 6.75 percent. Buyers pay a 50 bp premium for units without land.

Self-Help Credit Union offers mortgages on new doublewides on land with access to a public road.

Nonetheless, it would be a mistake to not recognize that most manufactured housing lending is taking place through traditional financial institutions.  According to the most recently available HMDA data, Wells Fargo is the largest (by volume of originations) manufactured housing lender in the country.